How to book, pay for, and change/cancel lodging
Log onto TravelUVA
- Lodging can be booked through TravelUVA's online booking tool or directly with a CBT agent. Access is available to discounts through several travel consortia to which Christopherson Business Travel belongs.
- From the AirPortal dashboard, select "Book Travel" on the left, and then "Book/Manage Online Trips" to access the Concur online booking tool.
- For local lodging, University employees are strongly encouraged to utilize local hotels under contract with the University. Reservations can be made through TravelUVA or directly with the contract hotels.
- Conference hotels can be booked directly with the hotel or by calling a Christopherson Business Travel agent at 1-844-4UVA-CBT (1-844-488-2228) and providing them with the conference information. Conference hotel rates are not available in the online booking tool.
Enter Dates & Location
- Select the icon for "Hotel Search".
- Enter check-in date and check-out date.
- Enter location based on Airport, Company Location, Address, or Reference Point/Zipcode.
- Select "Search".
Review & Select
- Non-refundable lodging is not allowed per University Travel Policy.
- Local UVA contracted hotels will be listed as a "Most Preferred Hotel", and the UVA negotiated rate will be listed as "University of Virginia", "UVA", or similar. You may need to scroll to find the UVA-negotiated rate.
- UVA employees may book a generic government rate, or a state government rate if booking a hotel within Virginia. For hotels outside of Virginia, UVA employees will not qualify for the state government rates. Before reserving a room at a government rate, check the terms on the hotel's site. If the traveler does not qualify, the reduced government rate may not be honored at check-in.
Verify & Confirm
- Hotel reservations are NOT pre-paid through TravelUVA or most other booking sources. The traveler will need to present a credit card in their name when he/she checks in to the hotel.
- The only exception to this is for local hotels where UVA holds contracts. A travel assistant may enter his/her computing ID in the "special information" field when booking in the Concur online booking tool or call the hotel and give his/her T&E card information over the phone.
- For non-local hotels, arrangements for pre-payment may be made by contacting the hotel directly after confirming the reservation.
- Itemized receipts are required regardless of the dollar amount.
- The University of Virginia is not exempt from Virginia sales tax on lodging.
- Tips should be reasonable and follow best practices. It is customary to tip bellmen, porters, and hotel cleaning staff. Tips are not reimbursed if you are claiming meal per diems.
- The Travel and Expense Card is the preferred method of payment.
- If you need to change or cancel your reservation:
- The reservation may be changed or canceled through TravelUVA's Concur online booking tool.
- The traveler must communicate changes in travel plans to the hotel as soon as possible when a confirmed reservation is being held. Charges for non-canceled reservations will not be reimbursed if the traveler is negligent in canceling reservations.
Did you know