- Charter Buses
Procuring charter bus services with ONLY Contracted Suppliers is required (due to insurance and safety requirements). For a list of the Contracted Suppliers Charter Bus Services click here. Important note: Some Contracted Suppliers on the Travel Contracts page have only been approved for Taxi/Rideshare/Car Services– so before reserving, make sure the Contracted Supplier has been approved for Charter Bus ("Motorcoach") Services.
When procuring Charter Bus services NOT originating in Virginia, the following procedures must be completed:
- Ensure you have followed the University’s competitive procurement requirements (i.e., solicit a minimum of 3 quotes in writing from Firms to provide the services and proceed with the lowest cost Firm).
- Verify the following: The charter bus firm has a “Satisfactory” safety rating per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration: USDOT - FMCSA
- Have the desired Firm submit a Certificate of Insurance (“COI”) to you as the Requester showing that the following coverages and limits have been met:
- Automobile Liability: Five Million Dollars ($5,000,000) each accident minimum limit of liability for all owned, hired, and non-owned vehicles.
- Commercial General Liability: Providing CGL coverage on an “occurrence” basis, including for (X) bodily injury liability including: death, assault or battery, (X) property damage liability for damage to property of third parties, (X) personal injury liability, (X) advertising injury liability, (X) contractual liability, and (X) products / completed operations liability, with limits no less than Two Million Dollars ($2,000,000) per occurrence and Four Million Dollars ($4,000,000) aggregate.
- The University will be named as additionally insured. (Additional insured name: "The Commonwealth of Virginia, and the Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia, its officers, employees, and agents"; “The Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia 914 Emmet Street Charlottesville VA 22904-4127”)
- Workers Compensation: Per statutory requirement, and Employers’ Liability One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) minimum limit of liability
- Send the Firm’s COI to UVA Risk Management, Kristin Dinwiddie, at email@example.com , for approval.
- If approved, have the Firm register with the University in our current supplier registration and payment system (PaymentWorks).
- The preferred payment method for Non-Contracted Charter Bus Services is via a Purchase Order. No deposit.
- If the Firm has a corresponding contract that needs to be signed with the Purchase Order issuance, be sure to submit the Requisition Event as Requisition Type ‘2. Contract Request’ for UVA Procurement to review and sign.
- Executive Transportation and Taxi Services
The preferred method for arranging Executive Transportation (hired car and limo), and taxi services is through one of UVA's Contracted Suppliers